- Final punishment is not the 'main thing'; Jesus is the main thing
- There is punishment, the wrath of God is coming
- There is a day of Judgment when souls will be found written in the book of life - or they will be condemned
- Those found guilty by God will suffer various degrees of punishment - and then suffer destruction
- The concepts I explain are from the Bible, not from my own (or others) ideas
- I realized the traditional doctrine of hell was in error as I studied the Bible on my own (not from outside influence)
- After my own study, I found other believers who had studied and found similar conclusions
- I am learning; I am not suggesting that I have complete understanding of final punishment
- One thing I've learned: the idea of 'the immortal soul' is not in the BIble! It is a man-made concept.
- I am not trying to say, "Take my word for it", but pleading for believers to take a second look at these things for themselves. Because of its depth and sheer volume of biblical references, I have attempted to share my findings to make your study less time intensive. I always strongly encourage you to look up verses with context! God's word speaks for itself.
In other words:
Scripture clearly states that God alone is immortal (1 Tim. 6:16) and we only read of the redeemed receiving immortality as a gift from God (1 Cor. 15, Rom. 2:7). "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." Matthew 10:28 “Behold, all souls are Mine...The soul who sins will die.” Eze. 18:4 “…let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death…” James 5:20 “And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’ Peter speaking in Acts 3:23 (see Deut. 18:19)